1. What Information Do We Collect? When you visit our Web Site you may provide us with two types of information: (1) personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and, (2) web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web Site. By using this Web Site, you understand and agree that such information will be collected and stored in a database.
1.1 Personal Information Submitted in Registration Process. Registration is not required in order to access a portion of our content. However, in order to have full access to all Web Site content and features that include interactive venues containing various discussion forums, bulletin boards, job boards, etc (hereinafter "Interactive Venues"), you will be required to become a registered user. This registration process will require limited information about yourself, your firm or company, your location and your sales tax interests or needs - as well as a screen name and password of your choice. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your screen name and password and shall be responsible for all uses of the same, whether authorized or unauthorized by you.
1.2 Personal Information. Interactive Forums ALL communications submitted to or through this Web Site, in particular the Interactive Venues, are public communications, and you acknowledge that any and all information that you submit can be viewed by other users of the Web Site. If you disclose any information about yourself through any portion of our Web Site, you do so at your own risk.
In addition, if you register for the job boards (whether as an employer or employee), you may input additional information into the Web Site which could include a job description or a description of your skills and/or interests. You may opt out of the job board at any time and have any posted information removed. However, such posting of additional information is at your own risk and we are not responsible for any retention, use or access of such information, or for the privacy of such information while posted on our Web Site, in our database or once removed.
Our employment-related Interactive Venues are offered as a service to users, to simply facilitate contact between sales tax employers and employees. For that reason, we only request and post limited details, and do not allow the posting of resumes. While it is our intent that staffing firms and/or legitimate employers have the access and ability to view our candidate profiles, it should be understood that such information is posted publicly and we cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to your information. For this reason we advise that you post only limited information and use an anonymous user name. We are not responsible for the use of any information submitted to our Web Site, under any circumstances.
2. Web Site Use Information. Similar to other commercial web Web Sites, our Web Site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation which follows) and web server logs to collect information about how our Web Site is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web Site, and other web sites visited just before and just after our Web Site. We, our advertisers and advertising partners may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
3. How Do We Use The Information That You Provide To Us? Broadly speaking, we use personal information for administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer services and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. The following clauses provide additional details regarding other possible uses.
3.1 E-Mail Communications. Once registered, your e-mail address will be used by SalesTaxSupport.com to forward a monthly newsletter which highlights newly added (or soon-to-be-added) content, and may include information regarding important changes to our Web Site, new services and/or special offers which may be of interest to you. It may also include recently posted employment opportunities in your area. The newsletter may or may not contain sponsor advertisements, but will always be sent to you by SalesTaxSupport.com. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these notifications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. If you also register for the job boards (as an employer or employee), your e-mail address may also be used to notify you of employment opportunities.
3.2 How Do We Use Referrals? If a visitor or registered user uses our "Refer a Friend" option to forward our URL or Web Site link to a friend or colleague, the referred name and e-mail is not added to our registered user database, nor is it retained by our system. The referred individual will need to go through the registration process once they reach our Web Site, in order to be added to our database.
3.3 Ownership of Submitted Data. Except as provided in Section 1.5 of the Advertising Agreement, if applicable and executed by the parties, all comments, questions, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated by you to us (collectively, a "Submission"), by any means, will forever be our property. We will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and will not be liable for any alleged infringement or use of ideas included in such Submissions (including without limitation, product, service or advertising ideas) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in our future products, services or operations. Without limitation, we will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Submission of every kind and nature everywhere. We will be entitled to use the Submission for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other person sending the Submission.
4. Sharing Information With Third Parties. We do not currently sell or rent or otherwise provide direct access to our registered user database to any third party. However, please note the following exceptions:
* We may now or in the future, use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email, processing credit card payments and/or web development or support. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our partners, consultants, contractors and other third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with business activities.
* If you access a third party through our Web Site and provide them with your contact information, we have no control or responsibility over the use of your information.
* As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
5. Security of Information and Transmissions. STS has implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures in an effort to protect your personal information from accidental loss and/or from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. In spite of these measures, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not find means to defeat those measures and/or access your personal information for improper purposes.
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email (i.e. credit card numbers). Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
6. How Can You Access and Correct Your Information? You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Certain Disclosures. We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our Web Site, the users of our Web Site, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our Web Site, us, or third parties.
Save Time! Get Connected!
Get periodic updates on sales tax issues, webinars, & jobs!
- Alison Manning, CMI
- Annette Nellen, CPA, ESQ
- B.J. Pritchett, CMI
- Carolynn Iafrate Kranz
- Connie Eisenberg
- Cory Barwick
- Dan Davis
- Diane Yetter
- Gabrielle Luoma, CPA, CGMA
- Guy Nevers, CPA, MT
- James R. Dumler
- Jeff Meigs
- Jerry Donnini
- Jesse W. McClellan, ESQ
- John Daly
- Joni Johnson-Powe, JD, CPA
- Kathleen Lusk, CMI
- Keith Crichton, CPA
- Lauren Stinson, CMI
- Lloyd Geggatt
- Marc Brandeis
- Marc Palmer Kram
- Mark Faggiano
- Michael J. Fleming
- Monika Miles, CPA
- Ned Lenhart, CPA
- Noel Hamm
- Patricia L. Pelino
- Rachel A Le Mieux, CPA
- Shane Ratigan
- Silvia Aguirre
- Steve Estelle, Esq.
- Susan Goertz
- Suzy Soo
- Sylvia F. Dion, CPA
- Thomas A. Alston
- Tom Mazurek, CPA