With the purchase of an aircraft, you've invested a significant amount of your wealth in an asset heavily regulated by the Government and very expensive to operate and maintain. This blog category will focus on the sales and use tax issues inherent in the ownership or lease of an aircraft - but may also reference fuel taxes, property taxes, income/franchise taxes, and the Federal excise tax on transportation.
We currently feature posts by Guy Nevers, an Ohio licensed CPA. Additionally, we are now featuring posts by Mr. Thomas A. Alston (of Aero&Marine Tax Professionals) regarding CALIFORNIA aircraft (and vessel) taxation issues.
Comments or questions may also be submitted to the featured sales tax specialists by viewing any of the linked posts (below) and using the on-page "Comment" feature (as available) or other contact options listed, subject to disclaimer at bottom of page.
- Aircraft Purchases: Why Many CPAs Get It Wrong
- Aviation Tax: Wrong Approach in California Can Cost Aircraft Owners
- Aircraft & Vessel Taxation: For Expense Documentation, Stick to Facts
- Aircraft Maintenance; Big Dollars Mean Big Tax Headaches
- Aviation Sales Tax: It's All About "Location, Location, Location"
- Aviation Taxes: Welcome to the Aviation Tax Blog