Bruce Ely and William Thistle II from Arant Boult Cummings LLP of Birmingham, AL provide an excellent update on the class action lawsuit first filed in September of 2010 against Revenue Discovery Systems/Alatax ("RDS"). The suit alleges that RDS violated various provisions of the Alabama Taxpayer Bill of Rights in their local sales tax audit on behalf of the over 200 municipal governments they represent. If you're an Alabama business and have been audited by RDS in the past, you need to read the news release prepared by Bruce and William (linked below).
Other recent “Alabama (AL)” posts by Ned Lenhart, CPA:
- Alabama DOR Withdraws Amendment to Tax Digital Transmissions
- “Digital Transmissions” Subject to Alabama Rental Tax! (Update)
- Alabama Caterers: Service Charges Are Taxable!
- Alabama's "Non-Nexus Use Tax Remittance" - Will Flat Tax Fall Flat?
- Alabama Governor Proposes Sales Tax Increase to Balance Budget!